Sunday, June 19, 2011

It is officially day one of the Grocery Challenge, although I did my week's shopping yesterday. In addition to the strategies I posted yesterday, I had a couple of realizations...things that could possibly throw my plan off course. First, the boys keep asking me questions about what "counts" and what doesn't. I have to give them a copy of the official rules to 1) get them to quit pestering me and 2) so that they don't accidentally sabotage the operation. Second, because I am at work all day and loving hubster is home, he will be responsible for executing quite a bit of the meal making so if this is going to work I have to have everything ready, easy and clearly labeled with instructions. Oh, and I have to make some snacks that won't have them diving into the food that is intended to be used for a meal. #2 son is 16 and not unexpectedly starving 24/7. Fortunately, he's not terribly picky so I'm sure I can make snacks that will satisfy him. I'm actually looking forward to seeing how far my family and I can take this challenge. I don't really have any illusion that I will win. I'm probably not frugal enough for that. But I think I can make a difference in my family's grocery budget and eating habits and for me that's an accomplishment.

On another note, it's Father's Day. Our two oldest have moved out and while we won't see them today, we will probably hear from them. That will be nice and Daddy will be happy. We miss our kids who are away. And we miss our own fathers who don't live near by. Fathers are so influential in our lives and we're so blessed to have some of the best ones around. Here's hoping that your Father's Day is terrific and that you get to celebrate with a special guy in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment